Saturday 17 November 2007

SXS

Photo: Greg Lippiatt

There is really not that much more satisfying for an artist than to see reactions to their creation. After all, we create works to stimulate a reaction. Sometimes the interpretation is something we didn't even consider or intend. Sometimes criticisms are made that offer valuable feedback for the next work. Sometimes people will dislike a work or it will speak to them in volumes. Sometimes they will walk right past it and not even notice it.
I am happy to say, that many of the people who saw my wreath liked it. It made them smile, and hopefully for some, made them think about the underlying message of waste and loss of precious resources. On the whole though, my aim is primarily to create something of beauty. For me, art is as much about beauty as it is about creating meaning without words.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to it by way of materials and encouragement.Without an audience, I would probably not perform.


Photo: Greg Lippiatt

4 comments:

fifi said...

here I am, your greatest fan...

how good that you got the nice slope? ansd HOW many people were clustered around it? so many when I was there.

cant make icebergs, sorry, but would have loved....
see you soon.

Pod said...

hi jane...i just posted a little ode to you at my blog. i loved your piece. i spent ages looking at and almost fell on part of it one stage. oopsie! i look forward to seeing more of your things.
thanks so much!

Pod said...

hello again!
yes, i would love to see the catalogue. it would make it more complete. shall i email you or something? let me know.
i have a few more images on my flickr account if you want to take a peek!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92857890@N00/

thanks again!
;0)

Bobby D. said...

just wanted to say I love your artworks.